Many Microsoft Dynamics 365 projects require a photo gallery. About a year ago, I needed a free open source photo gallery to be embedded in Dynamics CRM custom and system entities to display photos attached to notes on any entity. After a lot of research, I only found “paid for” photo galleries and very little free open source Photo Gallery that can work with both Dynamics CRM Online and on-premise.
Deployment is simple. There is one main web resource (tll_MMDPG.htm) that you embed as a web resource into any custom or system entity form on both Dynamics CRM Online and on-premise versions. Once embedded, it will read all your photos attached to notes on this record. Here is how it looks in CRM:
Important Notice: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Photo Gallery – MMDPG – is provided as is with no warranties under MIT license with the condition / requirement to preserve the name of the publisher and author (Mohamed Mostafa) and a copyright statement within the code to refer back to the author and the original solution.
Some of the built-in features and functionalities that the Dynamics 365 Photo Gallery (MMDPG) provides are:
- Display all photos added as attachments to Entity Form Notes.
- Only read and display photo attachments and ignore other file types.
- Carousel Photo Gallery
- Slideshow of photos
- Start and Stop Slide Show
- Thumbnails to select which photo to display
- Next and Back arrows to move between different photos
- Import the unmanaged CRM Solution MMDPG_x_x_x_x.zip
- Publish All Customisations
- The main web resource tll_MMDPG.htm can be found under the Solution components list.
- Embed tll_MMDPG.htm as a web resource inside any of your entity forms both custom or system.
- The gallery is made up of 15 files including MMDPG main web resource.
Make sure all 15 files are included in you CRM Solution and published.
MMDPG has been tested on Dynamics CRM Online 2016 (8.0 and 8.1), On-premise 365 and Dynamics 365 (8.2). However, I cannot see any reason for it not to work on other previous versions as it uses standard FetchXML calls.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Photo Gallery MMDPG is provided free of charge, open source (MIT License with condition / requirement to preserve the author) and is available to download from this blog post (below). It is also available to download and contribute to on its Open source CodePlex project site. There is only one condition for the license which is the requirement to preserve the name of the owner and author (Mohamed Mostafa) and a copyright statement within the code to refer back to the author and this original work Dynamics 365 Photo Gallery MMDPG.
If you would like to contribute to this open source project by adding functionality and features, please get in touch via a comment below or through CodePlex. All contributor names will be listed here on the blog post. In addition to the author/publisher, current contributors are:
- Anupam Khasa
- … Contribute and get your name here
All enhancements and contributions are welcome. Please comment below if you want help or if you want to contribute.