Microsoft Corp. today announced that it plans to make the next version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM available in the fall of 2013.
Available both online as Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Fall ’13 and on-premises as Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, this major release will deliver more personal experiences to sales, marketing and customer care professionals.
The new release gives people the ability to access their information on a variety of devices;* introduces a new user experience that is fast and fluid, enabling people to access information that is relevant to their jobs; and delivers richer contextual information that helps people have deeper insights into customers and their needs. Microsoft Dynamics CRM also offers enhanced social collaboration capabilities, so users can connect with the right people, and the right resources, at the right time.
There will also be:
• A connection to MarketingPilot,
• Introducing new mobile client applications on iPad and Windows 8 tablets
• Providing capabilities for people to collaborate with each other and share customer knowledge through Yammer right within the CRM solution
• Connecting Lync and Skype seamlessly
• Netbreeze. As part of the Microsoft’s work to bring the capabilities of Netbreeze, its recently acquired social monitoring and analytics service, to customers, the company will also be offering a limited beta of the service available in fall 2013