Microsoft has announced some significant changes in the next major release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Microsoft Dynamics CRM (on-premises), also known as Dynamics CRM Orion release. These changes are confirmed as of 18/06/2013 but may change before the release date.
Changes include the end of support Internet Explorer 7 for both Online (already ended) and On-Premise Dynamics CRM implementations. Also, Windows XP is no longer supported.
Most importantly, the Dynamics CRM 4.0 endpoints (2007 endpoints) are no longer supported in the next major release and Online organisations migrating from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online platform to the Microsoft online services environment (Microsoft Office 365), will need to upgrade or remove those extensions that require the 2007 endpoint.
Full details can be found here:
What’s changing on the implementation side:
What’s changing on the SDK side:
Following today’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Blitz day by Microsoft for Dynamics CRM partners, here is a list of the main new features and functionality in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 (Fall 2013):
- Revamped and completely re-designed User Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Flexible Business process and Process Agility in the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Mobile Client Applications available.
- Social CRM with Microsoft Yammer Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Outlook Client and Exchange Sync in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Microsoft Online Portal Administration in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Upgrade Process in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Business Rules with Dynamics CRM
- Client Extensibility in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Extensibility on the Server and Cloud with Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM as a Platform for Business Apps
More Updates soon.